Demoscene Summer Tour 2005 - The Epic Voyage

Sunday, August 14, 2005

14.08.2005 12:40 Cologne, Germany


(now playing: some drum'n'bass from Dip's laptop)

Right now, ps and I are at Dipswitch's place, chilling out after helping him with the moving. All his stuff is now finally in his appartment and he is quite pleased. We are also very pleased. Specially after yesterday.

We left Rotterdam around 5am yesterday so that we could drop Rup at Eindhoven Airport in time for his flight. There, we had our farewell from him and drove away to Cologne. I think it was one of the worse driving experiences I had until now. Somehow, the night before I was working in the computer, making some music, and it got really late, so late that I thought it wasn't worth it to sleep just until 4am. But... maybe it would have been a good idea. In the middle of the journey to Cologne I had to pull over and sleep for an hour. I think ps was a bit scared of driving with me afterwards, but we made it to Cologne at around 9:30 or something like that. We woke up Dipswitch, he let us in, we crashed.

I woke up with ps kicking me and telling me that we had to go to the Haujobb barbeque. I really needed to sleep a bit more, but he didn't let me. So we went out to the city and walked towards the party place. We crossed the city centre, passing by the cathedral - HUGE - and by the river. The bridge that we had to cross was already in sight, but took us around 40 min to actually reach it. The Südbrücke is a train bridge that passes above some meadows in one of the banks of the Rhein. When we crossed it we were shouting "HALLO" in the vain hope of hearing some "WAS?" somewhere from underneath. We started to get worried as we didn't get any response.

Down the stairs, around the bridge stand and, sure enough, there were a nice group of people having fun. From far away, xxx recognized us immediately and waved at us. We shouted a loud "HALLO!" and didn't get any "WAS?" back. Then, I realized why: we are in Germany, to say "HALLO" to someone is normal, not a demoscene shout. Sorry, speckdrumm, can't do anything about it...

The barbeque was very cool, people were chilling out, talking with each other in a relaxed way, and the upcoming Evoke was in the mouth of everyone. Of course, we are in Cologne after all! The german sceners were speaking german a lot, it was good for me to try to understand it. Naturally, after some beers, they could speak whatever language they wanted to, I would just smile and wave. And hey, the grass was green and the weather was fine... nice to lay down.

Surprisingly, the Limp Ninja crew appeared after some time, bringing Synteesi with them. That was nice, we were not the only foreigners there. It's always cool to hang around with Shifter, Mnemonix and Avoozl, speak a bit of dutch to avoid losing it and make fun of german sceners (ooops!).

The night was already upon us and we were still having loads of fun. And loads of Kölsch. And then some more... ps had to kick me again to get up from the floor so that we could leave. We've managed to get a tram at that late hour and arrived safely at home. We got in, we crashed.

This morning, I woke up with ps kicking me and telling me that we had to wake up and help Dipswitch move. So we've done that, and here we are. The hangover is fading away (the trick of the glass of water before going to sleep really works) and I have to decide if I sleep here tonight or go already to Frankfurt. To go tonight to Frankfurt would give me more time to rehearse with knuetzler, the bass player from Ultrasound. But to sleep here would give me something that I really thrive for:

waking up with ps kicking me.

1 Comments:

  • ha ha, didn't know anything about the kicking side of ps XDDD

    By Blogger sole, at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home