Demoscene Summer Tour 2005 - The Epic Voyage

Friday, August 05, 2005

05.08.2005 16:00

Weather report: it's raining and it's quite cold. We are sitting under some plastic tent while with some other sceners. It sucks, specially for a party that is advertised with lots of promised outdoor activities.

Well, so far, we've already played soccer and did some nice stunts in the swings. I didn't go inside the (mini) party hall, but that's ok because I didn't pay the entrance fee. They really want us to pay 47 Eur for it, and I don't really want to do that. While I'm here freezing to death, I decided to write some more.

The trip yesterday was ok. I discovered that the cute swedes and danes are not travelling by boat - or maybe they took another one. Or maybe I have now very high standards, now that I'm living together with the most beautiful girl in the planet...

We arrived at the party place at the beginning of the evening. Its location is on the middle of no-where. Really. The closest thing in the radius of a mile is some kind of farm and no-one lives there. It's the perfect place if you want to do a huge fire and drink beer all night long... When we arrived, people were already boozing and having fun. It was delightful to see Okkie again and do some beat box and sing with him. I heard there is a video of us doing some weird things, like rapping in the "ing" form... :) where are they?


check it out yo!


yeah!

This party could be almost perfect, if it wasn't for this stupid weather. Yesterday, we could watch all the stars, the Milky Way was absolutely clear, even though the bonfire was quite high.


ok, maybe not THAT high

And when we wake up, the sky was replaced by this towel of clouds, and we just saw the sun for 15 minutes or something.

I can't really tell how the party is going inside, from the windows they look just like any other bunch of nerds that you expect to find at demoparties - the real sceners are outside, where the real party is - but so far the organization has been quite strict about a number of things, like the volume of the music (c'mon, there's NO-ONE around) and the entrance fee (why can't they understand that we come from far away to attend THEIR party? Really... I will NOT pay the entrance fee, specially when it's 47 Eur.)

Right now it's raining a little bit less, so I guess I will be a bit more social and hang out with the guys here under the tent. More stuff coming soon(ish).


looks like the sun might just come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home