Demoscene Summer Tour 2005 - The Epic Voyage

Sunday, August 07, 2005

07.08.2005 2:20

Alright... this was a nice day! We've done so much stuff and enjoyed ourselves quite a lot. But let's start from the beginning.

Having gone to bed at 00:00, I woke up at 12:00. I woke up lots of times during the night - the car is confortable but exposed to people, weather and light. Still, I was rested and some cereals made the trick to get me awake. Once again, we were hanging around with Gargaj, Dixan, Synteesi, Okkie, Shifter, Mnemonix, Sparcus and... I hope I'm not forgetting anyone... well, it doesn't matter. They were all nice guys, really, and it was just cool to hang around with them. :)

After some time, we started to play soccer. Eventually, the real soccer compo started and we won them all! In comparison to the Assembly compos, this time we really rocked! Of course, we had a much better team this time, and the other teams were not so... errr... competitive. ;) Gargaj, Rup, ps and I managed to win the compo and win 2 free entrances (well not really free) which made me install the laptop here in the party hall, where I'm now writing. YAY!


the party hall. and i'm inside!

[note: the price was 37 eur, and not 47 as I had written before. Still, too expensive for us at this time.]

We had some cool dinner afterwards. The organization provided everyone with meat, salad and bread and we could grill it ourselves. YAY! It was really nice, specially when everyone had eaten and then there were some meat left, so they gave it away for free! I guess I ate too much meat tonight, specially after the sausages we just ate at the bonfire... Oh well, it's not everyday.


sceners on the grill

Then the fun part. Fizz ball and G3 throwing competitions. The first one consists in shaking beer cans A LOT and then throwing to someone, who will hit it with a bat. Baseball with foam flying around. You get the picture. The second was just that: throwing G3 laptops and see who would throw it further. Fun.


ps dispatchs a fizz ball

Then it was time for compos. Animation, intro and demo compos were held. Some good stuff, some horrible stuff, some fun stuff and some boring stuff. Stuff. At least, we had fun most of the time. Our demo was shown on the big screen and we were quite happy. After 10 hours or so of demomaking, the result was pure "mindblowing art" (tm). We had loads of fun indeed. Rob is jarig was submitted to the compo again, and we had EVEN more fun.


compos! fun fun fun

I'm tired, but happy... I did enjoyed this day much more than yesterday. The weather was very kind to us - it didn't rain - and we could have some quality outdoor action. More than that, we met other sceners and actually SPOKEN to them. The danish are some closed people, but with time you can actually be friends with them. :)


meeting sceners is so nice

I just came from the bonfire, but I don't think I can come back there... too tired... need some sleep... tomorrow we will have the prize giving ceremony and then we will drive back to Holland, where we will rest for a couple of days. Yeah, one week without demoparties! :)

1 Comments:

  • Correction to the soccer compo:
    The prize were the legos - the tickets were won after a sidebet match between our team and Limp Ninja, where we basically owned them 6-1 or 6-0, I don't remember :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home